Are you doing a job or have you made your career? Ask this question to yourself.
Now you would be thinking Job and career are one and the same. But in reality, there is a difference between having a job and having a career. Let’s have a look at what that is.
When you wake up in the morning, you feel tired, you get clumsy, don’t want to go to your workplace this shows that you are not interested in what you have chosen. This defines your job and if you feel excited, passionate to achieve more than yesterday then it is your career.
The real difference between a job and a career is your attitude. Primarily a job is something you get engaged in with the intentions of earning money and most of the time that is the sole intention. You solely focus on getting the job done, without really being passionate about it, as, at the end of the day, the only thing you expect from a job is the paycheck. You don’t aim to achieve anything more than what is needed and will not be interested in doing anything more than what is expected of you.
However, career on the other hand is something that you have to put hard work and effort to build. It’s a chain of events which takes you from one place to another, up the corporate ladder. Therefore you aspire to do more than what is expected and learn more than what is needed while fulfilling daily duties, simply because, you have an aim. Career sets goals, not only to get the job done but also to learn valuable skills, gain experience, build the professional network and continue in the field earning promotions and raises.
However, in today’s fast life, money is considered to be the most important goal. Today’s generation is moving more towards a job as there is an urgent need to increase more of bank balance to show off in early age and hence they are neglecting their interests, their passion and their goals. Just want to pass HSC and immediately join BPO Jobs so that their income starts generating. This is just blunder.
People are ready to give their passions and dreams, just to settle down with a job which ensures financial stability. But money is not equal to happiness. Following your dreams, and doing something you are passionate about gives you happiness which more important than money. People are often stumped by this choice; to do a highly-paid job, or to make a career in something you are passionate about, and they often choose the former. It is because it is easier to choose something as transient as money over happiness. Mostly, the jobs that are taken by students and senior citizens are just for money. But even youngsters get stuck in a job just to earn a living. While jobs are often temporary, building a career requires a lot of hard work and future planning. A career is a long term goal, it is usually pursued by passionate people, who wish to achieve something more than just money.
Reasons to show you that following your passion is important:-
- Don’t choose a job/career for the wrong reasons- This job gives high income, this job is chosen by my friend, this job is good for girls etc. listening to all these reasons and selecting your career is a bad idea.
- Make sure you are passionate about what you do- If you feel enthusiastic about what you do then you have chosen the correct job for you.
- You are more motivated to work hard- If you are really passionate about what you do, it’s not a problem to work until late hours because you don’t feel like you are forced to do it, which makes the experience that much more enjoyable.
- No obstacle will stop you from achieving goals- Once you feel passionate about your work then there is nothing that can stop you from achieving your goals.
- Always be creative- Your creativity will die if you get stuck in your job, but if you are passionate towards your work new ideas will emerge in your thoughts and will get more success.
“Nothing is as important as passion. No matter what you want to do with your life, be passionate.” —Jon Bon Jovi